10/1/13

New show stuff









NEW SHOW:  BREAKING OPEN
                  October 10 - November 10 at the Fountain Street Gallery in Framingham MA.  

the reception (that's when Virginia and I will be there) is OCTOBER 19 5 - 7 P.M.
Here is a little tidbit of my thoughts with our theme, Breaking Open:


The new paintings here in “Breaking Open” are part of an ongoing series reflecting on thoughts of place and home. I am hoping the viewer will create his/her own narrative from these “life fragments.”  Each painting appears to be broken off from another; they have a connection but are separate. Incorporating bits of text encourages closer inspection and further contemplation.

My personal sense of home was recently at a confused state and these paintings reflect that unsteady time. “Breaking Open” to me is the moment after I experienced a tricky time: my world was tossed around a bit but exciting and beautiful stuff came out as a result.

In this show, my goal was to keep the paintings as fresh and unfussy as possible – many paper paintings are rough and unframed. This was a deliberate attempt to create a raw moment in time after something has broken apart and you’ve discovered some of the bits and pieces that are left behind. 




No comments: