1/25/11



some new paintings coming along...lots of blues, greens, greys and yellows for some reason; imagery from my kayak trip; more natural-looking forms (boulders, leaves, growing things);
taking another printmaking class at DeCordova again; can't wait to get on etching.

still trying to incorporate some prints with my paintings...it's unnerving to fuss with them, knowing I could completely muck them up. A favorite art teacher from way back told me, if you are protecting a pretty mark or are protecting a part of a painting you are intrigued with, get rid of it - it's never good to keep part of a painting precious...you have to work on the painting as a unit. I always think of that if I'm protecting a nice-looking drip or something!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WHEN A LOOK AT THIS PICTURE A FELT IN PEACE.